Monday 21 September 2015

Actress, Uzo Aduba, Receives Emmy Award Amid Tears And Emotional Speech

Actress Uzo Aduba won her second Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actress on Sunday, September 20; after which she delivered a stirring acceptance speech.
Uzo Aduba on stage in her very emotional display. Credit: Dailymail/ Reuters
This makes it her second straight win seeing as she got an award for Outstanding Guest Actress at the 2014 Emmys.


On receiving Sunday’s award for playing Suzanne ‘Crazy Eyes’ Warren off Netflix’s Orange Is The New Black, tears welled up in her as she thanked Jenji Kohan, the show’s producer, then Netflix, her fellow actors on the project, her agent, lawyers and managers.
“I really just wanna say thank you a thousand times. If I could say thank you a thousand times it would not be enough to cover the amount of thanks for you,” she said.
At the point when she got to thanking her family for supporting her through the years, it was evident she was going to leave a mark with her speech on the night.

The actress was also particularly appreciative of her sister, Chi Chi, whom she praised emotionally.
My sister Chi-Chi, you are my very best friend. I am humbled to call myself your sister. I love you so much,”  the 34-year-old said.

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight backstage at the Microsoft Theater; Downtown Los Angeles venue, Aduba touched further on her emotional display as she got the prize.
She said of her family: “These are people who have helped me read lines for auditions and stayed up late learning the script with me, and my mom has stood for me when I couldn’t stand myself and carried me in time when I was weak,” she said. “If I could live to be one-tenth of the woman that she has lived to be, I would have lived.”
Watch Aduba’s acceptance speech below:

Born Uzoamaka Nwanneka Aduba in Boston, Massachusetts; she read classical voice at the Boston University, USA.
Aduba is of Nigerian descent, and first got into limelight following a 2003 appearance in Translations of Xhosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abducted Singer: Why We Suspected Police’s Attempt To Divert $200,000 Ransom – Record Label Boss Explains

The CEO of Eric Many Records, Dilly Umenyiora, has explained what transpired between him and the Delta State Police Command regarding the k...