Wednesday 23 September 2015

Nollywood Actress Slams Omotola, Yorubas

In what seems like the defence of one colleague and a jab at another, popular Yoruba actress Funke Adesiyan has criticised Nollywood fans on social  for their bias.

The Yoruba actress was defending her colleague Bimbo Thomas, who was criticised on social media a few weeks ago for wearing a swimsuit at the poolside. According to Adesiyan, the same fans, however, went on to hail actress Omotola Jolade when she stepped out in a crop top at an event.
 nting out that the same abuse her friend received should also have been directed at Omotola, who is a mother of four and should have left such outfits to her daughters.
Adesiyan then went on to call her fellow Yorubas, hypocrites.

She wrote: “I have read different blogs call my babe Bimbo Thomas different names for wearing a swimsuit to a beach! We Nigerians especially Yoruba people are hypocrites. If an individual is going to the pool or beach will she wear ‘agbada’ or what? I am confused, Omotola Jalade, a mother of four, wore a crop top, a style she should have left to her daughter and hypocrites hailed her as stunning. What could be more inappropriate? We will do better by being real. Real time, real people. Bimbo is a beautiful person inside out. Sometimes her level of confidence almost intimidate me (believe me, not many people can intimidate me).”

She finally urged fans to let celebrities be.
“Leave celebrities alone. We are humans too. We deserve every bit of happiness that comes our way. As for me, I make myself happy irrespective of how they make people feel. I am me and very original at it. Bimbo, please rock on and post more amazing pictures from your holiday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abducted Singer: Why We Suspected Police’s Attempt To Divert $200,000 Ransom – Record Label Boss Explains

The CEO of Eric Many Records, Dilly Umenyiora, has explained what transpired between him and the Delta State Police Command regarding the k...