Wednesday 7 October 2015

Petrol Attendant Confesses How She Stole A Baby

A 22 year old lady, Onyebuchi Jenifer Alezie, who was arrested by the police in Lagos state for allegedly abducting  a nine month-old baby boy has confessed that she abducted the baby to deceive her boyfriend to marry her. 
 Image result for black baby
She was one of the suspects paraded by the Lagos State commissioner of police, Mr. Fatia Owoseni on Tuesday October 6.


Jenifer who was answering questions from journalists stated that she abducted the baby boy from his parent’s house at the Ajegunle area of the state and fled with him to Okija in Anambra state out of desperation.
Luck however ran out on her when the police tracked her mobile number and subsequently arrested her with the baby at Okija.
Narrating how she allegedly carried out the crime, Jenifer said pressure from her boyfriend pushed her to stealing the baby.

“I lost  my parents when I was a little girl and my sister died while giving birth. I became desperate about getting a child because my boyfriend who is from Anambra state said he will not marry me until I give him a child,” she started.
“I later discovered I was three months pregnant last October but I had miscarriage. I was depressed but I told my boyfriend I was pregnant and I came to Lagos.  I saw an opportunity when Mrs Aina became my regular customer at the filling station where I sold Kerosene. We became friends and she told me she has a nine months baby boy.
“She used to come to me to help her purchase kerosene. That was how I exchange numbers with her. 

She called me anytime she wanted kerosene and I assisted her.
Jennifer who was until her arrest a petrol attendant narrated how she stole the baby. “Sometime last month, I went to visit her at home. Her baby was crying and I picked him up and started comforting him.
“I told his mother that I want to take him to buy biscuit and a milk drink for the baby. That was how I ran away with him. I took him to my village in Okija and presented him to my boyfriend as our son.
“I only wanted to use the boy to get my boyfriend to marry me but he did not marry me.  I named the baby Chukwudile and feed him with golden morn and drugs.
“I know what I did is wrong but I was desperate.  My boyfriend disowned me and nobody is coming to bail me. I feel sorry for what I did,” she cried.
Mrs. Aina  Adetola the mother of the baby expressed gratitude to God and the police for rescuing her child.

She said: “I am beside myself with joy over the baby God returned to me. I am grateful to the police. This is a big lesson to me never to trust anybody. I will never leave my baby for one minute. I will hold tight to my children. I used this medium to warn parents to be extra vigilant.
“I could not eat for four days. I thought I was going to run mad. I wanted to kill myself, but people continued to calm me down. My husband was so angry that he sent me out of his apartment, and I had to be sleeping in my friend’s house. He said if I did not bring the baby back, I should not return to his house. I wept throughout that period.”

Narrating how she met Jenifer, Mrs. Adetola recalled: “I met Jennifer at a filling station at Boundary bus stop in Ajegunle.

“She would always assist me when I wanted to buy petrol. She had a shop in the area too. On that fateful Saturday, she had come to my shop when my baby was crying. She carried him and said she was going to buy a drink for him.

“That was my mistake. After hours of waiting for them, I rushed to Akinbo Street at the house where I knew Jennifer stayed, only to be told that she had traveled. I was shocked. That was when I went to the police to make a report. I will never trust anybody in my life.”
The father of the child, Mr. Adetola however advised couples finding it difficult to bear children to adopt.
“It is wrong to steal no matter the reason. Couples looking for children should adopt.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abducted Singer: Why We Suspected Police’s Attempt To Divert $200,000 Ransom – Record Label Boss Explains

The CEO of Eric Many Records, Dilly Umenyiora, has explained what transpired between him and the Delta State Police Command regarding the k...